Introduction to BCA Academy
Why BCA ....
- The BCA Academy of the Built Environment is the education and research arm of the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), Singapore.
- Over the years, it has played a crucial role in the development of menpower and expertise for the built environment in Singapore.
- Founded in 1984, the Construction Industry Training Centre( CITC ), its main role was the training of craft for the rapidly growing construction industry.
- In 1994, the entre was renamed the Construction Industry Training Institute ( CITI ) and was moved to its purpose-built campus at Braddell Road.
- CITI was restructured and transformed to become the BCA Academy in 2007.
- Whilst the training of craftsmen for the construction industry remains a key focus, the BCA Academy now takes on the new challenge of equipping professionals, manager, executives and technicians with the knowledge, skills and competency to operate effectively in a technologically advanced and modern built environment sector.
- Today, the BCA Academy is probably the only institution in the world that provides a full range of training and education programmes tailored to meet the diverse needs of the building industry at all levels.
- Students, who want to become a Professional Engineer in Singapore, could join BCA Academy just by passing BCA Academy’s online entrance examination without having to worry about Matriculation Exam scores.
- To be a leader in education and research, for a future-ready built environment.
- To provide quality training, learning and research programmes for a future-ready built environment.
At 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700, BCA Academy is built on a 5-ha site with a building area of 25,000 square metres.
Google Map : https://maps.app.goo.gl/s7XBVYUopx5CV1FA8